Friday, March 18, 2011

Vegan check in!

  So it's been a little over two months since I started my journey into a plant based diet.I thought I would share some of my thoughts on my adventure so far.

  1  I don't miss animal products..at all! This has shocked me.I keep waiting for some craving to hit.NONE.That is "Sweet"!!
  2  There is a whole world of foods I have never tried.It's been quite an eye opener and I have been enjoying alot of new foods.(Kale,tofu,beans,legumes,soybeans) I just was uneducated about what to do with these foods.I am trying to think of a plant based  foods as my "new hobby".
 3  I have more energy.I wake up ready for the day.Usually I wake up thinking I can't wait to go to sleep again or do I have to get up.John has asked me how I feel and honestly "I feel amazing."I feel awake and like my body is working better.It sounds weird but,that's how I feel.
4  There is alot of information out there on how great a plant based diet is and the control to make sure we DON"T get this information.There is alot of money to be made from us consuming animals products.Get the information for yourself.Then we all need to work on our kids.They are the ones that are going to pay for our diets in the long run. 1 of EVERY 3 children born after the year 2000 will get diabetes.How shocking is that!
5  The China Study is a pretty amazing book.T. Colin Campbell is honest and refreshing.His issues with failing health in America and the base of it being nutrition.I hope some of you will read it.I got it from the library.It was worth every minute of my time.( I was not paided any money for this review.lol)
6  There are some awesome blogs out there!!!I am going to start my own blog roll. They are amazing and must be shared.
7  You can find any recipe you want on the web...today I made Ooey Gooey apple crisp from a blog called -Yeah,that "Vegan" Shit- I had to check it out for the name alone. .It was very good and gooey!!http://yeahthatveganshit.blogspot.com/2006/10/ooey-gooey-apple-crisp.html
8  Groceries are expensive...fruit and veggies are astronomical.This I have got to work on.
9  Friends and family will support you.They may not want to do what you are doing but, they are curious.All in all I have found everyone very interested and asking questions."Why are you doing this" is the most popular.lol.But, I'm okay with that. It is something I feel great doing and I don't mind answering questions and trying to find some answers.
10  That I am willing to try some new things..some Raw courses from stronghealth.ca and baking some bread this summer at Red Rooster Artisan's Bread.How fun!!

   Overall I am really happy with the place I am in right now and I am looking forward to learning more.

PS I watched a documentary I found at the library this weekend.It's called Chow Down.The cartoons are a little annoying.But it's from Caldwell B. Esselstyn and it had T Colin Campbell in it. Two of my favorite doctors in America for changing and reversing diseases in America.It was really good to watch the two men and 1 women in it and see them talk about how they changed there heart diseases with nutrition(She was doing the nutrition to change her diabetes).I liked that they included their families and talked about the realities of making such a HUGE change.It's a really easy and nice show to watch.I can't wait to watch my Kickstart program on PVR tonight.

2 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite things about going vegan, too. I've learned to cook with so many different ingredients that were never on my plate when I was eating meat. It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete