Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Broccoli goodness

Yummy spices!!

Gorgeous green goodness!!



 So made the Broccoli " Cheddar" Soup from Tosca's The Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook. It's on page 96. I loved it and it was remarkably easy to make. It got a "good" from both boys and an extra thumbs up from Josh. John said it was really filling. The big bonus I get it for lunch today.



   So how did Tosca take this classic and make it "Cheesy" 1/4 of a cup of nutritional yeast. I have had a bag in the cupboard for a while. It was a product I knew was great, but I was terrified of. So this was the perfect time to try it.So why should we include this product in out diet. I did some research and was blown away.

  It's nutty, cheese like flavor is LOADED with minerals and vitamins.It's a source of 18 amino acids, folic acid, biotin, iron, magnesium, phorphorus, zinc and chromium. If your vegan it is one of the only ways to get your B12 in a food.It contains 14 grams of protein and only 79 calories.It's low sodium.It is free of the notorious candida yeast.

  A couple of other interesting things i found:
    It maintains ideal intestinal ecology
    It improves blood production
    It helps maintain optimum cholesterol levels
    It improves liver health and function.

 Doesn't that just blow you away! Go pick up a bag and give it a try. Make sure it's Nutritional yeast NOT Brewers yeast. I made this mistake in the beginning at the health food store when I was to embarrassed to ask."Silly me" as josh would say!!

  I got my information from Livestrong.com and Buzzle.com if you want to check it out yourself. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment: