Friday, June 10, 2011

update

  So maybe your wondering how is this advegture going? I have made some great progress and I am stumbling in others. This is a huge learning curve for me and a big lifestyle change.In one week I have been at this for 5 months.I am VERY proud of myself and I know this is the right fit for me.

    So what is working:


  Not one piece of chicken, red meat or fish in 5 months.I can honestly say I still don't miss it.I was wondering if it might happen but, nope there is no desire.I have had moments where the smell of certain things makes me pause but, I keep on going.It really helps that veggie food is wonderfully fast.Thank goodness!

  I NEVER in a million years thought I would look forward to a salad.I can EAT THEM AS MEALS.Who would have thought of it??? Eat a salad as your main meal..before I would have thought LOCO.
  Frozen Gardein meals...I Love these new Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers.They are so easy when I get home late.
  My new treadmill~ It lets me run a bit and I am smitten.It  is so nice to be able to do something consistently.

  Yoga~ what am amazing difference.I am craving the flexibility it is giving me but it also is teaching me to calm down and breathe.I need to do that alot.I use the time after to sit and meditate for 5 minutes. I will be increasing the time slowly.

  Learning to go without and make changes.I CAN have pizza but, it has veggies and no dairy.It is really good.No I can't have food at ALMOST ALL fast food places.(Which is not a bad thing) I can find places where I can get some things.If I can't I go home.

 My skin looks way better,my digestion system is in heaven I NEVER have stomach problems anymore.My energy is the most consistent it has been in 6 years.My blood pressure has not gone above normal.I tend to react with less intensity than I would have in the past...I don't get as wound up. These are some of the big things for me and they are why I continue on this journey.

  Some of my challenges:

  Motivation~ Right now it is motivation to make some new and exciting recipes.(hence no pictures lately)My food has been processed and fast way too much. This I have to get back on track.

   Vacation~ it's going to be hard.I HAVE to plan snacks and come up with some great road trip solutions.Then maybe research some restaurant ideas for myself.At least some vegetarian ideas.Then feel as confident about my choices away from home.Yikes!! I will share some of my thoughts and ideas in a travel post before I go.

  I have been indulging in dairy, bits and pieces here and there.I know that to keep my veins and heart healthy this has to go.This is my next step.I will tackle that one when we come home.It will be the second half of my year goal.

  This one most people will relate too.Stop doing the things that drive me crazy.Those habits that we beat ourselves up for and can't conquer.I CAN CONQUER ANYTHING!!!! I have left the meat in the dust now it's time to be brave and get rid on some of the things that control my world.Sugar and coffee.That's right it is time to say bye bye and hello new world.There are SO MANY different food and drinks that are way better for me.Hello herb teas,H2O and fruit.So starting tomorrow I will be blogging and crying about my brave new world.

  Well I'm off to the Blog world to do some catching up.So I hope everyone is well and trying one meat free meal a week!! Chow for now!!

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm Will I be on vacation when you venture on this no sugar...no coffee adventure???? Hope so!! LOL Please don't cut out wine!!!
    Once again so proud of you!! You have conquered many mountains my dear, there is more on the horizon and you will master that terain as well.
    Love you my little Vampy Vegan!!!
    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine has to stay..I'm not that crazy!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete